First Citizens acquisition of Butterfield Bank (Barbados)
1. Q - Will Butterfield customers need to sign over new mandates on becoming part of the First Citizens group?
2. Q - What will happen to the Butterfield branch network? Are there plans for expansion, or reduction?
3. Q - Are there any new products or services that will be introduced locally?
4. Q - Will the transaction affect the terms and conditions of any existing loans, term deposits or other accounts I have with Butterfield?
5. Q - Will my bank account numbers change?
6. Q - Will I need new cheques, debit or credit cards?
7. Q - Will access to the existing online banking system and its bill payment functionality remain?
8. Q - Will my account fees and charges or minimum balance requirements change as a result of this transaction?
9. Q - Do I have to inform my employers about any changes for direct deposit purposes?
10. Q - Will customer service contact details such as telephone and emails change?
11. Q - Will I now be able to exchange Trinidadian cash and monetary instruments for Barbados equivalent or credit to my account?
About First Citizens
1. Who is First Citizens?
3. Which companies make up the First Citizens Group?
b. The Head Office of the Group is located at the First Citizens Corporate Centre - #9 Queen’s Park East, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
6. What are some things that First Citizens is known for?
7. What is the culture of First Citizens?
The Group focuses around innovation, customer service and national pride. It is defined as:
This is what guides the culture of the Group. Additionally, in all spheres, the company’s tagline, “We put you first” is at the forefront.
9. How strong is First Citizens?
a. First Citizens has an asset size of almost US $5 Billion and Shareholder’s equity of over US $800 Million, making it one of the largest and best capitalized banks in the region